Andrew's practice focuses on commercial litigation, including securities litigation, employment law, banking law and commercial real estate. Andrew has handled matters before the Appellate Division, First and Second Departments, United States District Courts for the Southern, Northern and Eastern Districts of New York, District of Connecticut and New York Supreme Court. Andrew has an AV Review rating from Martindale Hubbell, which is assigned to lawyers who have reached the height of professional excellence and who are recognized for the highest levels of skill and integrity. Andrew was selected as a Super Lawyer in 2016.
Andrew is a graduate of the Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, where he was an editor of the Women's Law Journal. During law school, he clerked for Frank J. Scardilli, Chief Circuit Mediator for the United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit and interned for the Under Secretary of Defense of the United States at the Pentagon. Andrew is also a member of the Federal Bar Council's Small Firm Pro Bono Sub-Committee, performs pro bono work for immigrant families and for Kids In Need of Defense ("KIND"), and is a member of the FACES (Finding a Cure for Epilepsy & Seizures) steering committee at NYU.
Andrew is a Phi Beta Kappa and Magna Cum Laude graduate of the State University of New York at Stony Brook where he received a Bachelor of Arts with honors in History. Andrew's selected representations include:
Hedge Fund and Broker-dealer Representation
Investment Banking Representation
- Represented hedge fund with over $500 million in managed assets in complex litigation in various venues against global financial services firm and its broker-dealer subsidiary. Secured favorable settlement of more than $11 million in a $60 million federal lawsuit alleging misappropriations by the broker-dealer's owner in which the court independently appointed big four accounting firm to provide expert analysis due to complexity of the transactions. Prosecuted hedge fund manager and broker-dealer in connection with sale of partial ownership of the hedge fund in a multi-day arbitration evidentiary hearing and defended two multi-day state court bench trial arising out of sale of hedge fund business and investor's claim to recover his investment in hedge fund
- Secured favorable settlement for hedge fund and its manager in multi-million dollar action involving three hedge funds, hedge fund manager and broker-dealer arising out of trade claims sale
- Counseled hedge fund in SEC inquiry, including subpoena responses, that resulted in no further action from the SEC
- Counseled broker-dealer in connection with its contemplated acquisition of rival broker-dealer subject to FINRA investigation, net capital and registration requirements
- Successfully defended hedge fund in connection with claims that institutional investor was fraudulently induced to invest in hedge fund
- Successfully defended hedge fund in connection with claims that hedge fund and its CFO engaged in fraud to deprive institutional investor of its redemption from hedge fund
- Successfully defended hedge fund in shareholder's derivative suit alleging mismanagement of corporate entity owned by hedge fund
- Successfully defended hedge fund in suit alleging misappropriation of corporate assets
- Represented hedge fund in purchase of assets from European based investment entity
- Represented hedge fund in negotiation of settlement agreement in connection with institutional investor's redemption claim against hedge fund
- Represented investment bank in performing due diligence and preparation and review of all documents required in PIPE deals, mezzanine financing, multi-tranche equity financing, private and public placement memoranda, bridge financing, and hedge fund placement agreements.
- Obtained summary judgment for international packaging company dismissing former employee's breach of employment agreement and labor law claims.
- Successfully obtained verdict for Fortune 500 company in reverse race employment discrimination suit.
- Obtained summary judgment for lender in multi-million dollar federal lawsuit to enforce Article 9 interests in secured loans.
- Secured partial summary judgment for national bank defending claims under the Investment Advisor's Act and Blue Sky Laws.
Areas of Practice
- Commercial Litigation
- Securities & Hedge Fund Litigation
- Banking Law
- Real Estate
- United States Supreme Court
- New York
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court Northern District of New York
- U.S. District Court of the Western District of New York
- U.S. District Court of Connecticut
[ Return to Attorneys List ]
- Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, New York, New York, 1999 J.D.
- State University of New York at Stony Brook, Stony Brook, New York, 1996 B.A., History
Honors: Phi Beta Kappa